Simply Weird Film Fest
On Saturday, October 26th, Orpheus Brewing and River Bear Films will hosting the Simply Weird Film Fest.
Formally the Orpheus Brewing Horror-Comedy Film Festival, the Simply Weird film fest is calling for short films (with a running time of 15 minutes or less) which delve into strange ideas, immerse us in the bizarre, and celebrate the antihero.
If you have a simply strange short film, WE WANT TO SEE IT!
There will be a costume contest at the intermission so come dressed up to slay!
The Simply Weird Film Fest will be awarding four very special trophies made by local Atlanta artists, Jason Hill (@Maniclaw) and Jimmy Mendoza (@Jimmyjamboombam), in the following categories:
People’s Choice Award
The Simply Weirdest Award aka Best of the Fest
1. The Simply Weird Film Fest welcomes all short films in the following genres and sub-genres : Horror, Science Fiction, Horror-Comedy, Underground, and Experimental
2. All films must have a running time of 15 minutes or less.
3. Films must have been completed after January 2017.
4. A filmmaker may submit multiple films.
5. Entrants must submit their short film(s) via Filmfreeway’s online screening system. DVD & Blu Ray copies will not be accepted.
6. Officially selected films will be notified on or before October 11, 2019.
7. All officially selected films must submit at least 1 high-resolution still for use in festival publications and a hi-res version of their short film.
8. All submission fees must be paid in US funds. All submissions are final, no refunds will be issued.
9. By submitting to the Simply Weird Film Fest, submitter gives permission to the festival to allow the film to be shown to attending press, at festival parties, and at other festival related events.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The individual or corporation (entrant) submitting the film to the Simply Weird Film Fest hereby warrants that it is authorized to commit the film for screening. Please ensure if you are submitting a film that contains copyrighted material by anyone other than yourself, that you have obtained festival clearance for that material used. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Simply Weird Film Fest, its organizers, judges, sponsors, and partners, individually and collectively, from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to submitted material. The burden of determining that any material is not protected by copyright, trademark, rights of privacy, publicity or any other proprietary rights rests with the entrant. The entrant shall bear the sole liability for any damage resulting from any infringement of copyrights, proprietary rights, or any other harm resulting from such a submission. If your work is accepted into the Simply Weird Film Fest you agree to allow us to use all or a portion of your film (including images, sound and clips) within our promotions and screenings; and you allow us to provide your film to media in promotion of your film and the festival. We may, at our discretion, transfer all or a portion of your submitted work to a compilation for festival screening which may be used for festival promotional purposes. You have read and agree to our general rules and terms and conditions. You agree that failure to adhere to any of the general rules or terms and conditions may result in disqualification for which no refund for entry fee(s) is due.